Thursday 4 June 2020

The science of hearing.

We have started learning about sound in our class and how we hear. Yesterday, Cade was our tuakana, sharing his knowledge of how he hears. Cade wears both a hearing aid and a Cochlea Implant (C.I).  This is his story........

I got my Cochlea Implant or C.I when I was 5 years old. My brain had to learn what digital sounds were. I have a hearing aid in my other ear because it amplifies my hearing. The amplifier makes the sound waves louder. In your ear is a Cochlea. In my ear with the hearing aid, my Cochlea works. In my ear with my C.I, the cochlea doesn't work. The hairs in my ear don't work.


Kia ora Cade and Frank for sharing your knowledge with us, we have all developed a much greater understanding of how you hear and how our ears work.

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is kini i like to hear more sounds even i like cade's book about sound. i even would like to see more about sound cade. when are you gonna do some more cade?

    ReplyDelete