Thursday 17 June 2021

Tohora nui! Big whale

 Last night was our final performance of our whole school production,

 Fresh and Smooth.

Since the start of this term, we have been preparing for the shows. With the help of the fabulous Makuini, we created our own tohora. We painted our masks and even painted some for our friends who were busy making our tohora. Some students took on the challenge of learning how to play our waiata on the ukulele, a few of them had never played the ukulele before. Big thank you to Matteo for being a tuakana and helping your whānau learn how to play the ukulele. 


Here is the waiata we performed.

As a kaiako, I couldn't be more proud of my tamariki. They embraced the challenge of learning lots of new things with growing confidence. They understood that hard work and dedication results in an outcome that they can be proud of. 
Ngā mihi nui ki a koe whanau!

 



17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the production because it was fun performing on stage and making the tohora and the masks by Mohamed rm 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed doing two performances and I liked teaching people the ukulele.By Matty rm 22

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed painting the masks it was very fun we all had good masks. by Dev ruma 22

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed doing the ukulele I learned something that was very fun and that I always will remember to play from Isla ruma 22

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed practicing to play the ukulele. It took me a long to memorize the cords for the ukulele.By Khalid Ruma rua tekau ma rua.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed painting the mask and waiata tohora nui.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed painting the tohora and drawing the tohora
    from Deema room 22.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed moving the tohora and singing the song and I loved the mask and the practice. By Riley ruma tekau ma rua

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed performing and doing the ukulele.By Emily ruma 22

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed doing production and my favourite part is painting the masks and the krills. I also enjoyed wearing the costumes. At first I was shy but then I felt okay after when I saw my mum I got happy. By Ayesha Room 22

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed playing the ukulele in the production AND IT WAS FUN AT THE PRODUCTION TO BECAUSE
    EVERYONE WAS THERE BY LEONIDAS ROOM 22

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite part is the whale eating the plastic. By Troy

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourite part was going on stage and painting the krill. By Cleo room 22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kia ora Ruma rua tekau ma rua, you can all be very proud of your production performances.  I'm sure family and friends were super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so proud of you Matteo teaching your classmates the ukulele. I really loved your performance. Great job Miss Mills. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. kia ora Room 22, Manogi here. You guys looked awesome in the production, and you gives did a good job in the play.
    Did you guys enjoy learning and dancing in the production? I sure did!
    Blog you later Room 22!
    -Manogi

    ReplyDelete